Stop the Talent Drain Webinar - how does the social housing sector recruit and retain staff? October 4th
Stop the Talent Drain Webinar – how does the social housing sector recruit and retain staff?
Tuesday October 4th – 3.30 to 4.30pm
In EMA’s Total Reward and Workplace Survey 2022 it was found that almost a third of housing associations responding said they had seen a major increase in staff turnover.
As the sector emerges from the pandemic, it faces a more complex and fragmented set of workplace challenges. These challenges are being compounded by another set of world events that are beyond the sector’s control – the fuel crisis and the rapidly rising cost of living. The biggest challenge looks set to be recruiting and retaining staff, but there is no easy solution.
Our survey found the sector was still not decided on the best workplace model and it is still a work in progress as housing organisations find new ways to recruit and retain talent. More than half of organisations (52%) anticipate making further changes in relation to how the workplace operates in the future. We also found 80% of organisations currently operate with a hybrid working model – but this is fewer than expected to have made the transition permanent (Last year’s survey 99% of respondents had said they would be moving to hybrid working within 12 months).
This Stop the Talent Drain webinar, hosted by EMA Consultancy, will look at the reasons for staff moving job and how housing associations can rethink their offer, culture and the way they work to retain and recruit.
We will discuss:
- The shifting workplace culture and how it needs to meet the aspirations of the different generations.
- Rethinking pay and reward to support staff with the new workplace operating model and through the cost-of-living crisis.
- Understanding what the right workplace model is to attract and retain staff.
- Meeting staff expectations about their roles, but not at the expense of productivity.
- Recruitment and retention strategies
We have brought together an expert panel to discuss the challenge of recruiting and retaining staff. They are:
– Yvonne Castle, CEO, Johnnie Johnson Housing
– Jo Savage, CEO, Greatwell Homes
– Carole Richardson, HR Director, North Star
– Kirsty Thompson, Partner, Devonshires
– Ian Robertson, EMA Consultancy Director
Host is: Anne Elliott, EMA Consultancy Managing Director
This webinar will be of interest to social housing sector CEOs, HR Directors, Resource Directors and Boards.
Please note that registration for the webinar will close when the webinar starts, so please do ensure you have booked your place in advance to guarantee your attendance.
Click here to register: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_fFfw0dQdT9e8vINgydKWGQ